In grid-connected rooftop or small SPV system, the DC power generated from SPV panel is converted to AC power using a power conditioning unit and is fed to the grid either of 33 kV/11 kV three-phase lines or of 440V/220V three/single phase line depending on the local technical and legal requirements.
- Utilization of available vacant roof space;
- Low gestation period;
- Lower transmission and distribution losses;
- Improvement in the tail-end grid voltages and reduction of system congestion;
- Loss mitigation by utilization of distribution network as a source of storage through net metering;
- Long term energy and ecological security by a reduction in carbon emission;.
Those scale projects